Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Mighty Joe's application

Go down 
+5
Haunted Dream
Lord Dulizan
Morrigan Lockhart
Jago Doremon
MightyJoe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MightyJoe
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Mighty Joe's application Empty
PostSubject: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 10:40 pm

IGN: Mighty Joe

1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?

46 Months, 5,787 Hours (purchased the day Prophesies was released and purchased each campaign and the expansion the day they were released as well).

I have 4 accounts, on my main account I have all 3 campaigns and the EOTN expansion with 11 character slots, the bonus pack and skill packs.

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?

My primary character “Mighty Joe” is a warrior and has completed all campaigns and all quests although I understand warriors are of limited use in an elite PVE/farming guild. After completing everything I’ve been exploring other characters including:

A Monk that I primarily smite with which has completed Prophesies, Nightfall and Eye Of The North.

An Assasin which has completed Nightfall and has just started Eye Of The North.

I also have Level 20 Dervish, Paragon, Mesmer, Necromancer, Elementalist, Ritualist and Ranger which haven’t gone very far. Plus an Elementalist which I’m working on an LDOA.

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?
My main character is a warrior which again I think you’d find of little use but has just about every PVE skill and max level on each. I am in the process of getting my Monk and Assassin to that level. I’d also like to get my Mesmer and Elementalist to that level as I’m having a lot of fun with each of them.

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?

I have 31 maxed titles on my warrior so the GWAMM is the one I am most proud of. I’m currently in the process of working on my Lucky, Unlucky, Wisdom and Treasure Hunter (would like to get to 35 maxed).

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?

Yes, I prefer to use ventrilo and have a microphone. It’s makes playing the game more fun when you can interact with others, plus I type slow.

6. How did you hear about SCAR? Please include names if possible.

From Marc (Warrior The Known) who was my old guild leader.

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?

When I started playing GuildWars I purposefully stayed out of guilds because of all the controversy, fighting and drama. Since then 2 things have happened that have changed my opinion. My main character (Warrior) has already done everything in the game, there’s not much left to accomplish so I’m having more fun now playing in dungeons. Unless you have a decent group, that is pretty much impossible and usually not much fun. The second thing was joining Marc’s guild “War” in which I had a lot of fun interacting with other members who I now consider friends although most have left the guild by now.

I’d like to join SCAR because of the reputation for elite farming. I’m hoping that I can fit in and be part of the farming teams and make friends.

8. What other guilds have you been with? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.

As I mentioned I spent most of my time guildless. After finishing everything with my warrior I met a guy with several titles that talked me into joining his guild (Can’t remember the name) but was only there for a few months because due to a tornado hitting his town and wiping most of it out he gave the guild to someone else who let it collapse. I then joined “War” and have been there since last July. I have been an officer most of the time and filled in periodically as guild leader for Marc. I don’t really have aspirations of being an officer, I’m really hoping to become a contributing member.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.

I like computers and know them very well, ask Marc. I am also into cars, I have a 2006 Mustang GT which is a show car. If you go to MustangEnthusiast.com and look at the May issue of the magazine online, my car fills 4 pages in the center of the magazine. It is a modern remake of “Eleanor” from the movie. I also race the car, it runs 11.5 seconds in a ¼ mile, around 3.8 seconds 0-60 and has 600 horsepower. I did a lot of the work myself.

10. What elite mission (HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?

Since my primary character was a warrior (I did say was :D ) my primary position was a tank. I actually do know how to tank, not just run around and agro. I’m having a lot of fun with my smiting monk but have not found groups to do elite missions with. My current guild isn’t very good for that and finding PUGs is difficult.

11.How Old are you and where are you from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.

I’m 45 years old but my kids say I never grew up. I’m from Maryland, USA (Eastern time zone). I work from home and sometimes play during the day, usually in the evening and almost always on the weekend. I play a lot. On weeknights I stop at 9:00pm to spend time with my wife.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you deserve a team spot.

I wouldn’t like to think of it as I deserve a spot in SCAR but I sure would like to join the group, help out, learn and make friends.

Thank you for your time and consideration. -Joe
Back to top Go down
Jago Doremon
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Jago Doremon

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:12 pm

I've heard Marc mention Joe on vent a few times now. Going by his comments/friendship, I'd say yes/tryout despite him not having his sin and mesmer quite ready yet. I'm sure someone would be willing to help him power them through EoTN. Plus it looks like he has a good level of addiction to the game, and if we end up with another Marc or Drew running around, it wouldn't be a bad thing :D

/approve from me
Back to top Go down
Morrigan Lockhart
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
Morrigan Lockhart

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 pm

Very nicely detailed application. I approve pending a tryout.
Back to top Go down
Lord Dulizan
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Lord Dulizan

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:33 am

Joe is a very good player, served with him in War guild for a time. Very level headed and a great listener. I would recommend him (and will also help with his other characters if he needs it)
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:13 am

I have already talked to Joe on vent before, and he seems like a good guy and is willing to learn and progress his characters through the chapters that we need them to be thru. I think he would be a great addition to the guild. I have to approve pending a tryout and what the officers have to say.
Back to top Go down
WarriorTheKnown
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
WarriorTheKnown

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:36 am

I've known Joe for a awhile now, met him in real-life as well, he's a great guy, and one of these days I'm going to get drive that car of his. :D He helped me build my current computer and helped me repair my older computers. Furthermore, he's a really good guild wars player. I initially wanted him to apply awhile ago, but he wanted to make sure he had characters ready to join the runs we do before he applied. I think that speaks volumes about the level of commitment he'll make in the guild. Definitely /approve from me.

I just need to start getting more titles done since he's catching me Razz
Back to top Go down
Monk Of Kindness
God of Kindness
God of Kindness
Monk Of Kindness

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:50 am

Detailed application and glowing reports form a number of people who've spoken to you. /approve pending tryout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:53 am

sounds like a gd catch to me, nice hours, time, exp obviously friendly!!
Back to top Go down
MightyJoe
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 am

Wow! Thanks for the very kind comments! I failed to mention although my assassin hasn't completed EotN, I've been to many of the dungeons (CoF, Kathandrax, Bogroot, SoO, etc.). It's a little easier to get places with a sin since I can just run Wink . -Joe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 9:49 am

pm myself or an officer for a tryout.
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 pm

yea joes a good player. i remember him from when i was in [war] with him and marc. granted all we did was hfff, he still seems like a good guy.
Back to top Go down
MightyJoe
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 pm

I'll be out of town on business tomorrow but would love to have a tryout on Saturday. Thanks! -Joe
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:27 am

yeah talked to marc about him, tryout will be Saturday, Kathy or Rragar's run.
Back to top Go down
Quash
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
Quash

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am

/approve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:09 pm

great attitude, great reviews from people that know him.

/yes from me, pending try out
Back to top Go down
Monk Of Kindness
God of Kindness
God of Kindness
Monk Of Kindness

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Invited 28/03/09
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Joe's application   Mighty Joe's application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mighty Joe's application
Page 1 of 1