Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

application

Go down 
+7
Glory Blade
Haunted Dream
Lord Dulizan
Noxious
redphyve
Possemeister
coil
11 posters
AuthorMessage
coil
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-03

application Empty
PostSubject: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:42 am

after a bit of consideration and some prodding i've decided i'd like to apply to this guild. i've been scoping out the scar ally for quite some time and from what i've read & heard, i think this guild will probably be the best mix for what I'm looking for. If my char progression is not up to par, however, please let me know which guild you'd think I'd fit in at.

if any recognize me it will probably be as sin coil.

1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?
**PROVIDE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR /AGE**

Across all characters, you have played for 3,429 hours 7 minutes over the past 51 months. I own all campaigns/expansions.
Screenshot
sorry, no photoshop on this cpu

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?

Arginien Coil

Development: All Access
Experience: UWSC, FoWSC[cry], Urgoz[SH], DoASC[cry|SF]
Notes: Oldest and "Main" character
Sin Coil

Experience: UWSC, FoWSC[100b], BGSC, SoOSC, DDSC, KathManly, HMBookSC
Notes: Various dungeons, shadowform, and ectos
Intimacy

Experience: UWSC, FoWSC[HB|Smite], DoASC[HB|Bonds], 600+Smites[various], MQSC
Notes: Various dungeons
Slash Animate Dead

Development: Eotn|½NF
Experience: UWSC
Notes: Need to get to doa
Acesulfame K

Development: Factions|Eotn|½NF
Experience: UWSC, FOWSC
Notes: Need to get to doa
Broken Coil

Development: Factions|Eotn|½NF
Experience: None
Notes: None
Slash Flute

Development: Gunnars Hold
Notes: Survivor Farming atm, doa upon r3
Fragments Of

Development: Gunnars Hold
Notes: Survivor Farming atm
Legendary Coil

Development: Pre Searing
Notes: LDoA char- currently 10
Various PVP Chars

Development: Tombs|GvG|HB
Experience: Various
Notes: None

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?

I'm currently in the process of running myself through HM Books to rank up on my newer chars. My logic behind this is I want to get in as much "free" rep as I can before shadowform is killed while its so easy, quick, and versatile.

On the topic of pve skills, I have the main ones (IAU, PI, GDW) on all but necro and derv. I've been putting off pve skills primarily because they are not oft used to warrant attaining them, and secondly because I'd rather rank up first while its quick, as i mentioned above, and get the skills later since there are no "shortcuts" for skills.

Arginien Coil

Asuran: 10
Ebon: 10
Dwarven: 10
Norn: 10
Skills: 95%
Sin Coil

Asuran: 10
Ebon: 9
Dwarven: 10
Norn: 7
Skills: 45%
Intimacy

Asuran: 8
Ebon: 4
Dwarven: 9
Norn: 3
Skills: 25%
Slash Animate Dead

Asuran: 4
Ebon: 5
Dwarven: 5
Skills: 15%
Acesulfame K

Asuran: 4
Ebon: 6
Dwarven: 5
Norn: 4
Skills: 25%
Broken Coil

Asuran: 3
Ebon: 4
Dwarven: 4
Skills: 15%

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?

I wasn't into title hunting til recently so excuse my low numbers. Main has 13 maxed. Most proud of fame & commander.

Main Character's Titles

Currently working on luxon (only on dbl weekends), wisdom (through uw), various char's rep titles, and various char's prot/guardian titles.

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?

Yes and no depending on what I'm doing and with whom.

6. How did you hear about SCAR? Please include names if possible.

Since I was introduced to speed clears I quickly learnt who the "top" guilds were in terms of quality, speed, and exclusivity. At that time i was fairly naive and content with a 25 min UWSC (only knowing the vale sin role) and ~35 min 600 Smite soo runs because it was new and it was with very casual with friends. As my "skills" & knowledge increased the company I found myself around also grew but I've continued to retain my casual attitude. Thanks to Anko Kurosaki, I ended up doing a lot of various runs with Glory Blade who in essence introduced me to the idea of joining scar.

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?

An environment composed of like minded players capable of the higher end of what guild wars has to offer. A place where the focus can shift from farming rare drops the quickest way possible to assisting others' chars through areas for HOM statues to zquest farming for char progression. From what I've been told and read this alliance offers all of this and more. Ideally a place where I can achieve my gwamm(s) and max out my HOM but if I had to ask for just 2 things it would be to get my ele through the deep & to find a doasc team.

What I can bring is a capable, knowledgeable, skilled player who isn't the best ever but can reproduce what it's told/shown. I don't strive for setting records but I'm capable of assisting others if that's what they want. Other than that I'm pretty laid back and want to work on maxing my hall and selling shiny things to buy rare stuff for my hall and would help anyone who needs statues they dont have.

8. What other guilds have you been with (tags please)? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.

I can't remember all the way back but here's a short list:

• Deaths Doom [DD] | ~1yr? | took a break from GW
  • We have max [dP] | ~5mnth | took a break from GW
  • We want 6v6 [back] | ~5mnth | took a break from GW
  • Band of thee Blue Hand [BBH] | ~3mnth | leveled up
  • Scare Tactics [sT] | ~3mnth | disintegrated
  • Fat People Lag [IRL] | ~2mnth | disintegrated
  • Debauchery Incarnate [Di] | ~3mnth | stagnant + mqsc weekend so -->
  • random mqsc guild[TRK] | ~1.5 mnth | guild kicked from cava ally and died
  • guildless | ~2 mnth

although it may appear to the contrary, I'm not a guildhopper and am actually very loyal to wherever I am. I have been guildless for the past months just because it's my personality to not want to join a group unless I'm sure I'll be there for a while.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.

I've been playing gw off and on nearly since release. At first I got the game, beat it on my ele in ~2 weeks and put it down. I didnt get into pvp til around factions release. Before Eotn was introduced I never had an inclination to make any other character cause I'd just be replaying the same missions over and over again (1 reason I'm behind on my guardian/vanq titles). Before titles were introduced I never had an inclination to play any missions over and over again (another reason I'm behind on my guardian/vanq titles). Eventually I reached top 100 gvg and tired of the game and, through a longtime friend in this game, found FEAR. I became pretty good at it and branched out into the fps realm. Got onto some semi-pro teams for cod4, won ~2k$ worth of prizes at lans for both FEAR and cod4 and right as I found myself on a CEVO P team I severely sprained my wrist whilst performing hang cleans in the gym and couldnt use my hand for ~3 months. Since I couldn't aim and could only use 1 hand I decided to go back to GW. Oddly enough, I randomly met Faith Wind who then introduced me to Anko who basically taught me all I know about speedclearin and high end pve. Since my "pro" gaming career was pretty much killed I decided I may as well have something to show for my 4 year old account and have started working on filling my HOM and titles on other chars. You can see my progress and goals on my wiki page here and my HOM progress here. Feel free to use the templates if you want an easy way to keep track of your own hom progression. My other hobbies include biochemistry, nutrition, and strength training. I enjoy learning new languages, creating things, and pressing the preview button.

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?

As:

• Ele - Fow crier, UW support/vale solo, Urgoz SH nuker, DoA SF spike + crier
  • Sin - Fow 100blades, UW all, Darkrime Delves, Sepulchre, Bogroots, SoO, Kath Manlyway,
  • Monk - Fow crier + HB + 3man smiter, UW support, DoA HB + bonder, 600 smite cof+soo
  • Necro - UW support
  • Rit - UW support, Fow Spirits+support

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.

mid 20s, texas, CST evenings but sporadically as well.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.

Be an active, productive team player capable of covering for and assisting anyone. Youll find that I'm not the type to rage quit and always stay til the run is either completed or failed. Recently I've been farming the zmissions as they're an easy way to quickly complete HM missions I'm lacking on my newer chars as well as HMbookSCs so if anyone needs those they can join me, plus the odd uwsc every now and then. I've also been infatuated with the HOM statues for area completion (UW/fow/mallyx/sorrows) and achieving them on chars that aren't typically used in SCs for their respective areas. I'd have no problem helping join or form a team to SC an area with 1 or 2 chars being "out of place" so people can get a quick HOM statue.

I realize I'm missing a developed mesmer & warrior and that they are staples in some builds/areas. The warrior is in pre and I'll just have to sacrifice that option until she's done. As for the mesmer (and ranger) survivor farming, my modem at the moment is unstable to the point of me being paranoid of dc'ing in the middle of a kilroy run and losing the title. I'm not experiencing rampant dc's to the point of me being worthless and the game being unplayable, but 1 or 2 random dc's over the period of 2 months or so is enough to make me paranoid. So, until I switch ISPs or figure out wtf is up with my modem I'm postponing her advancement as I dont want to lose an easy title and +1 on the way to gwamm on a 2 year old char. However, once she hits r3 the 1st place she's going is to doa.
Back to top Go down
Possemeister
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Possemeister

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-08-01

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:01 am

Very well written application. You seem to take the logical side of things, as do i. Your name sounds familiar to me too. Sin Coil, does the name Possey Dervish ring any bells for you? anyway, your character development is pretty good, you seem to have good exp. accept from me Smile
Back to top Go down
redphyve
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
redphyve

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-12-07

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:41 am

who can say no after an app like that
Back to top Go down
Noxious
Noxious

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-12

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:48 am

name sounds familiar to me too, /agree
Back to top Go down
Lord Dulizan
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Lord Dulizan

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-02-04

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am

lol detail much?

/approve
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:32 pm

UA in a DoA run as his trial run. Same concept as HB, but better IMO.

Oh yeah, I approve as well.
Back to top Go down
Glory Blade

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2009-02-12

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:16 pm

LOVE YOU COIL!

/approve
Back to top Go down
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Tall Dervish

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-12-07

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:01 pm

sin coil sounds very familiar approve great app
Back to top Go down
https://scar.darkbb.com
Glory Blade

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Tall Dervish wrote:
sin coil sounds very familiar approve great app

pretty sure i have taken you on a uwsc with him <3
Back to top Go down
carnage-runner
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
carnage-runner

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-12-17

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 am

I've gone on runs with you... Definately know that name.. nice app.
Back to top Go down
Watto
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Watto

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-23

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 8:58 pm

oh yay accept coil hes pro i run with him alot!!!!!!

when i used to play that is Razz
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 3:50 am

invited. 10/06/09
Back to top Go down
Raven Mad
Raven Mad

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-01-04

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:06 am

pfft ... finally an applicant I can get into a trial DoA run ... and alredy invited ... ah well. welcome to SCAR
Back to top Go down
Glory Blade

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 pm

welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

application Empty
PostSubject: Re: application   application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

application
Page 1 of 1