Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Freebies re-application

Go down 
+11
Monk Of Kindness
Stabbed
cboger
Cyvil
Ragz
shadow
Mess
BCB
Sacratus
Ash
Mr Freebies
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Freebies re-application Empty
PostSubject: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:34 pm

IGN:Prepare To Burn
1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?
*1356 hours, over 30 months of game play
*Prophecies, Nightfall, Factions and Eye of the North

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?

*Ele-Prepare to Burn. All 4 campaigns completed
*Monk-Chef Freebies
*Mesmer-Grasp King Freebies
*Sin-Captain Jim Slim

3. What pve skills do you main toons have and what rank?

Ele:

*Both Lightbringer skills, with r8 lightbringer rank
*All Sunspear skills (for all professions), with r10 sunspear title
*All Asuran skills related to the "Cipher of" quests, which give these skills as a reward. r3 asuran, close to r4
*Dont trip, brawling quest reward skills, reath of great dwarf, Alkars acid, Drunken master, Dwarven stablity, Light of deldrimor and snow storm. r8 deldrimor, close to r9
*Deft strike, winds, assasin support and standard of honor. r3 Vanguard.
*All 3 blessing skills, I am the strongest, You move like a dwarf. r8 norn, soon to be r9.
*Luxon skills for all professions. r4 luxon.

Mesmer:
*Cry of pain (of course) and necrosis. Currently r7 sunspear, but is set up to SS/LB farm in the desolation
*r5 Kurzick allegiance for ether nightmare and other kurz skills

Sin:
*r2 Asura, but soon to grow as i am setting up to raptor farm. Skills-Mindbender

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?

*r3 Asuran
*r8 Norn
*r3 Vanguard
*r8 lightbringer(max)
*r8 deldrimor
*r10 Sunspear(max)
*Protector of Elona/Cantha(max)
*Guardian of Cantha(max)
*Canthan Explorer
*Treasure hunter+Collector of Wisdom
*Pioneer of the North
*r5 Kurzick allegiance+r4 Luxon
*Party Animal
*Kind of a Big deal (r1)

Kind of a big deal makes me proudest.

I am working on Legendary guardian titles, as well as skill hunter titles and the titles such as vanguard, deldrimor etc.

For my sin and mesmer, that important titles are included with the PVE skills section as requested

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?

Yes

6. How did you hear a bout SCAR? Please include names if possible.

From your rather mssive event in Kamadan on March 21st. I managed to get into first district.

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?

*I would like SCAR to help me max titles on my elementalist, and to help me farm for my events, by helping me earn more money through Fow/UW outings
*I can bring some experience and knowledge of giveaway events.

8. What other guilds have you been with? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.

*KISS/SiCK alliance-3 months in 2008, then another 1 month in 2009. I left because I wanted a more PvE based player base that could help me max more titles.
*ARK alliance-3 months. I left because the guild fell apart, with all my friends in the guild leaving and the guild rejoining an alliance that it left due to bad leadership previously.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.

*My hobbies include Triathlons (yes, this isnt a joke), playing GW, researching medical discoveries and other medical related stuff, trying (but failing miserably) at learning a musical instrument.

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?

*DoA , NM
*EoTN dungeons-HoS, Slavers Exile
*FoW, NM
*UW, NM

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.

*I am 14 years old
*I come from Guernsey, a small island in the body of water (known as the Channel) between the European countries England and France.
*For this reason, my timezone is GMT (GMT+1/BST from April-October). However, our government may change the time zone to GMT+1 permanentely sometime this year or next.
*I usually play from 5pm-6pm, and 7pm-10pm GMT/BST every day. Play time is random at weekends, and it is extended in April, July, August, December, February and May due to school holidays. Note that holidays last only a few weeks during these months.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.

*I am interested in community giveaway events, so I plan to host many, for the SCAR and GW communities
*I plan to max Legndary guardian, so can assist in HM/NM missions I have completed, or can assist in missions I have yet to do for the titles.
*I consider myself to be hardworking and dedicated. This maybe something to do with the endurance of triathlons, which i do as a hobby
*I plan to participate in Fow/UW missions, which I understand the guild often does

Thank you for your time, feel free to ask any questions.
PS-is it ok to re apply?

Last edited by Mr Freebies on Thu May 28, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating title info)
Back to top Go down
Ash
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Ash

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Lack of xp imo - but u really shouldnt listen to me
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Very thorough... pretty sure you are too young though. Also don't seem quite experienced enough.

Does OHX have an age requirement? He seems like someone who has a lot to learn but could probably learn it just fine if given the chance
Back to top Go down
BCB
Everlasting Big City Tonic

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Still lacking quite a bit of game experience in the elite areas, and the elite areas that you have done were done in NM - not HM. Not very wide character selection. Is it only your ele that has completed campaigns are is there others? We don't do many massive parties so if you were looking to get on them it might be a let down. Has the right attitude but not quite ready for SCAR IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mess
I Wand Spirits Pew Pew
I Wand Spirits Pew Pew
Mess

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm sorry but we do have a minimum age requirement... of 16.
I think the attitude is right but you lack some experience.

sorry but a no from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/index.php
Ash
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Ash

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:02 pm

I agree on lack of xp ect, but just a questions.

BCB arent u 14 aswell?
Back to top Go down
shadow
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
shadow

Number of posts : 1346
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:33 pm

I really dont get the age req. . . .yes bcb is 14
he was recommended in by jhaedin back when we were in the beginning stages of doa i think
if he is a player like cole why cant he get in? Its not so hard to lie about age either for all u know i might be 4 ;D

Back on topic. . .i really only have one question. . .why are you reapping?
reasons?
Back to top Go down
BCB

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:41 pm

Yeah I am but I have been by many different people that I am very mature for my age + a good player. Person which name cannot be spoken in SCAR referred me to SCAR way back in January. Also I have been told that I sound older in vent if that helps at all? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I am re apping as I believe I have more experience, and I have built up a Mesmer and assasin as requested in my last app.

@Sactaras-are you saying i should join OHX to start working on learning?
Back to top Go down
shadow
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Mr Freebies wrote:
I am re apping as I believe I have more experience, and I have built up a Mesmer and assasin as requested in my last app.

Link to old application:
https://scar.darkbb.com/applications-to-scar-f12/freebies-application-t939.htm#12829
Old application 1.5months old

Personally. . .i dont care what age players are. . .i mean how do we know hes not like cole? But then again how do we know that his age isnt a problem?

Either way, i definitely like this response. How many times have you seen a reapp after someone have been denied? I have seen few/to none and i have been here for a while. This app is worth considering.

Last application .. i questioned activity time. . .in the 1.5months since he has reapped he has gotten 184 hours. . .about 4~ hours a day so that question can be dropped if any1 has any.

Freebies, mind telling us what campaigns your other 3 characters have completed? More information on question 10 would be awesome. . its a big vague atm.

and @ sac's question, he sugesting you join OHX because of your age and experience level. . your choice. . .but once u join there is zero-tolerance for guild hopping.
Back to top Go down
BCB

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Freebies has the right attitude for the game which shows a lot. I agree with Shadow that re-applying after a /deny showing the progress that you have made shows that you are dedicated and focused on getting into SCAR. Need a bit more feedback about the characters progress and also which roles you played in the elite areas. If those turn out alright I think he is valued enough for a vent interview + trial run. If he doesn't think he is ready yet come back a bit later and try again or apply to OHX (a guild in our alliance). The age of a player shouldn't be the number one thing you look at or critisize, you never know it could be a 14 year that is the best future sliver tank.
Back to top Go down
Ragz
That pierced guy
That pierced guy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:55 pm

I remember his old app, and see he has made progress. I would still recommend sending him to OHX, they would be able to put more time and effort into helping him learn more and he would be in the alliance, so he will still be apart of the SCAR community.
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
My dad is bigger than your dad
My dad is bigger than your dad
Cyvil

Number of posts : 1126

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:31 am

Why doesn't someone speak with him first, before sending him anywhere else. The main reluctance seems to be age. Maybe some of the euro officers could hook up with the kid and get that cleared up first?
Back to top Go down
cboger
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
cboger

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:05 am

the attitude and the fact he re-applyed says alot about him imo. he was mature enough to say "hey, i can take a no. ill just come back after i think ive gotten more experience".
Back to top Go down
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks very much to everyone for their kind words. Now, some answers to some of the questions you have been asking:

@Shadow:
*None of my other characters have completed any campaigns yet, but my Mesmer has recently reached Gate of the Desolation, where i intend to work on SS/LB titles, so I can progrees easier with the title skills in areas like Realm of torment, where Lightbringer is very useful
*For question 10-I worked in DoA as an Ursan, back in the good old days, but after its nerf last year, and after applying before, i decided to work on Obsidian flesh builds for teams on all of the places mentioned above. I worked a bit on FoW+UW on my Mesmer and Sin, using Shadow art builds for sin, and Inspiration/Domination magic builds with cry of pain.

@Big City:
*I would have said I had experience in HM, but most of them failed about halway through. So i do have experience in FoW HM, it just didnt finish, so i thought it wasnt worth mentioning.

@Mess:
*I was told in my last appliation by Genius Was Revrac, then guild leader of SCAR, that I was very mature for my age. I understand that my age is 2 years off, but in a month it will only be one month off, cause I have a birthday in July.

@Cyvil:
*Is what youre talking about like an interview on vent with some officers or something like that? I would be willing to do that.

Thanks again to everyone for support and kind words. Anymore questions, just add them as a reply and Ill answer them as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Stabbed
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Stabbed

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:32 am

Quote :
Its not so hard to lie about age either for all u know i might be 4 ;D

omg i knew it!! :D
Back to top Go down
Monk Of Kindness
God of Kindness
God of Kindness
Monk Of Kindness

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:39 am

Is this a second account that you want to have in the SCAR alliance because of our alliance with TDK? If I can recall correct you may have an alt-account - Burning Freebies. If so, I am aware of your insight on big events, but in terms of being a part of a SCAR, I am not sure it would be a good home for you.
Back to top Go down
shadow
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Stabbed wrote:
Quote :
Its not so hard to lie about age either for all u know i might be 4 ;D

omg i knew it!! :D
-_-
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:10 pm

about the age requirement thing. i was 15 when i joined scar, 16 now, and well, you guys know how good i am...lol. i really dont see the problem with age
Back to top Go down
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:13 pm

@Monk of Kindness-Although i was aware of this in my first application, this was not my main motive, even though my sections on events may make this seem so. When you say i have an alt account, do you mean on these forums? I assure you I have no other accounts on these forums as far as I can recall, but "Burning Freebies" was an old name I made for myself, and it is the one i use on my wiki account, my Guildwarsguru account and my INCGamers account. My main motives for joining SCAR is to help you with your community events, if you will be doing anymore, and to participate in you many excursions in HM, in elite areas, dungeons, missions etc. Also, I have been known to offend Daniel last year, and im not sure whether he likes me anymore.

Last edited by Mr Freebies on Fri May 29, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skervy
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
skervy

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:15 pm

lol colin you really dont wanna use yourself as an example of young members being mature and ok. your gonna get him denied and raise the age req to 30 Razz but for the app with nothing done except an ele i wouldnt say yes for joining scar. but he obviously wants to learn and improve so shouldnt be a problem with ohx
Back to top Go down
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Although i was previously rejected from OHX for lack of characters, I think I could get in with my new trained Mesmer and sin. Would it be ok if we kept this thread open for a few more opinions?
Back to top Go down
BCB

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:34 pm

OHX seems like a good spot, he can work on his remaining characters, try out some elite areas and have some fun. As long as he is active on the forums, all of our SCAR parties that we are holding will be posted here and more then likely you can volunteer to help. For your age you are taking all this very maturely (getting rejected once, trying for OHX, working more, re-applying, looking over all of our opinions and explaining fully for each one in detail) shows that he can be a good player if he has the opportunity. You can't really tell if a player can run a build with us by an application. IMO get him on a vent interview and trial run. :D
Back to top Go down
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:52 pm

It seems OHX is the place for me. I have applied for them and waiting a reply as to a position, and if officers hear wish to interview me, then I shall try to arrange a suitable time, but if not, ill do my best to get into OHX.
Back to top Go down
shadow
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:09 pm

remember to link them to this thread
Back to top Go down
WarriorTheKnown
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
WarriorTheKnown

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:55 pm

I like the signature picture shadow.
Back to top Go down
shadow
shadow

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:58 pm

oh thanks ;D every says that
Back to top Go down
Mr Freebies
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:55 am

yep i like it to.
Back to top Go down
Genius Was Revrac
The Leader
The Leader
Genius Was Revrac

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Ty for applying to OHX and gl :D

/closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freebies re-application   Freebies re-application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freebies re-application
Page 1 of 1