Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Daklight Application to scar

Go down 
+6
Cyvil
Prefect
Sacratus
PrideMcKay
Baltaas Slaapes
darklight
10 posters
AuthorMessage
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Daklight Application to scar Empty
PostSubject: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 am

IGN:
1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?

My total play time in guild was is 3,274 hours and 40 minutes over the past 34 months so my 3 years is almost here.I own all of the campaigns.

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?

My main charater is a level 20 dervish which has completed all campaigns,i also own a level 20 monk and a level 20 assiassin to have also completed all the campaigns.

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?

My dervish is max rank in all pve titles skills apart from luxon and kurz were my luxon rank is rank 9 and my kurz rank is 4,i have all pve skills unlocked on my dervish this includes all normall skills,elite skills and title skills.My assassin is mainly used for uwsc and is maxed sunspear rank as i use him for chamber and vale his other titles r low rank between 1-5 on most.My monk i made for cof runs he can 600 or smite he is max rank in deldrimor title his others titles are of a low rank same as my assassin 1-5 for most.

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?

MY dervish has 14 titles so far soon to be 18 as i am finshing my cartographer titles which are about 2-5% for each left.My Legendary Vanquisher title makes me the most proud as i did this title with my guild members when i use to own a guild,to me it wasnt just award for alot of hard work but a symbol of team work.

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?

Yes i use ventrilo with a headset as i find this the best way to work as a team while doing elite areas or gvg.

6. How did you hear a bout SCAR? Please include names if possible.

I heard about scar from Mrs Hilden who is a level 20 assassin i met while doing uwsc.

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?

Id like to get out of scar the true meaning of online game play,which to me is you never play alone and i hope to learn alot from playing with people that has more exp than myself at guildwars.What i can bring to scar is a good team spirit and maybe a different point of view on how to complete the task at hand.

8. What other guilds have you been with? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.

I was the leader of Livin Dead (dark) from my first day at playing guildwars.i was the leader of the guild for about 33 months,it was a 100 member strong guild with 10 officers which did just about everything in guildwars untill recently where a officer of mine kicked everyone i decided that i have been aleader of a guild to long were i spent most of my time helping people and i wanted sometime to myself to work on my own titles and have been looking for a good guild to join for the last month.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.

I am 24 years old from ireland,I was a officer in the British army untill december 2008 were i completed 8 years service and wanted to return to normall life.I was a TA officer which means i spent so many months in army life and so many months in normall everyday life so i had the best of both worlds but it got to much for me living the double life style.

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?

I have done all elite missions in guildwars where in most casses i played a derv.As a derv i played oby tank,echo cry or a D/N as a bip when we couldnt find a necro to join us on a deep run.I also do perma tank for fow groups or as a healer monk.

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.

I am 24 and i am from Ireland my time zone is GMT.I play at random times of day depending on what i am doing but i do play everyday.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.

What i am going to do for scar is show them there is still power in the mighty dervish and why i deserve a team spot is that i am a good team player with alot of exp under my belt in guildwars.

Thank you for taking the time to read my Application and i hope to hear from you soon.
Back to top Go down
Baltaas Slaapes
Elite Baltaas Tome
Baltaas Slaapes

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 am

1. write all your toons names down there ..

with IGN names
Back to top Go down
http://www.hiphopz.lv
PrideMcKay
My dad is bigger than your dad
PrideMcKay

Number of posts : 1157
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 am

I like the application, although your characters could be a problem, do your Monk and Assassin have all the PvE skills required for a run? And some lack in Elite Area experience. So it's gonna be hard.. Gonna need more input on this.
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 am

This app doesn't blow me away or turn me off. For basically everything we do, derv is unused, but sin and monk make it into nearly every team build. If you took a day or two to get those toons the important pve skills and got those ranks up a bit, you would be able to contribute to most of our runs.

Personally I do like apps with players whose main is not an SC profession... you learn the game better when you do things the real way. I also want to start setting up FoW physways and that build uses dervs...

I'd suggest interview/tryout
Back to top Go down
Prefect
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Prefect

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:32 am

Met Darklight today during an UWSC with pugs. From what I could tell he seems like a good and very friendly player. It would be nice if you could get a mesmer or ele going too Darklight Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
Cyvil

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am

Baltaas is right about the IGN, unfortunately we have had a rash of people trying to do end arounds with the app process.

By any chance do you have any other toons? We like to see flexibility that multiple toons allow.
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Sacratus wrote:

Personally I do like apps with players whose main is not an SC profession... you learn the game better when you do things the real way. I also want to start setting up FoW physways and that build uses dervs...

I'd suggest interview/tryout

/agree 100%, i like people who dont have main chars that are just used for farming and shit too. /agree that most of those players that dont use those proffesions as their main are better at the game, and as for a derv not being able to come on some runs, i bring my ranger on pretty much every run but doa, if a ranger can do it i dont see why a derv couldnt. and again about making a sin or mez nowadays just for farming, the supposed "big" update is 2 days away, i wouldnt bother making those chars just for runs and what not unless ur actually gonna play them, just in case they get nailed into the ground come this thursday. i say give him a tryout or w/e
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi guys thanks for you posts sorry about the IGN my names are are as follows:

Dervish: Darklight lord
Assasssin: Darklight lord sin
Monk: Darklight lord monk

i keep my names the same so if i pm some one in game they know who it is straight away.Thank you i must admit i use to have a wrr,ele and a mesmer when i started but when nightfall came out i got cought up in the hole dervish crave lol its been a challange having a dervish as my main but its lead to some intresting builds i have completed all elite areas on my dervish and have made my own builds to do the task in groups,Im sure i can get those titles up quickly on my assassin and my monk i like to vq alot as it does servel titles at once and with the huge update not long back its easyer to max titles now thank you anet.

I have a necro and a ele but they are only pvp.oh as for the skills i have most pve skills on the monk and assassin i have a storage full of tomes for any skills i may need and i have most title skills on them although the ranks need working on.As i said ive done all elite areas on my dervish and have done some surport with my monk in elite areas but i am a fast learner and willing to put to try anything.Thanks for your posts you have givin me somthing else to do for the time being instead of getting my last two torment weps that i have been trying to do today,i am in a good mood as i not long ago got my fow armour on my dervish so enjoying the new look il keep watch on this thread and see if you guys have any more ideas for me.

P.s Mrs Hilden thanks for a good uwsc run today,i hope u dont mind that i have added you to my friends list for futur runs.
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:30 pm

thanks unholy i agree with you about the main,wiki builds for areas are ok and they get the job done but its 1000000 noobs all doing the same thing and when things go wrong i find alot of these dont hav the exp to recover from that bec they are to hard core on set builds alrdy provided to them by better players.Wiki is a tool that get the job done and is very helpfull but at the same time i think its also a set back as alot of players wont accept anything but the set build on wiki.so having a dervish as a main has been a pain ever sence ursan become the number one thing then perma i use to do it old school oby tank fow 2 hour runs thats when things went wrong they went bad fast and you had to relie on exp players to think fast,perma is to easy and it will be nerfed again and my dervish will be back up front as oby tank lol
Back to top Go down
Prefect
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Prefect

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

lol ofcourse I don't mind you adding me to your friendlist Smile. It's always refreshing to meet a good player with a great attitude. GL and hope to see you in SCAR!
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Thanks i like to keep a lvl of respect for other players as online game play is fun and shouldnt be ruined with rudness which ruins the hole hole thing.I think that keeping an open mind and learning from others helps alot and you get the most out of the game as their are alot of better players then myself out there and you should learn from them to make things easyer for yourself.I hope i get in also if i dont i will take the advice away with me and improve in the areas i am lacking,i hope to see u in another uwsc run soon.
Back to top Go down
Razon
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
Razon

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Dervs are unused in scar. Needs more cry-/rojway experience in my opinion. And lastly id like to see a mesmer or ele.

As you said, ranks wont be a problem. But toons will most likely be.
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 pm

making new toons aint 2 much of a problem i can get power lvled to 20 if i make them in factions or nightfall i can ascend them in a few hours as for the elite areas i can get runs or power play my way through to the areas and as for the skills i have plenty of tomes the title skills be a lil bit of a pain but if i focus my attetion on only the title skills i need for the task its not to bad mayb say a few days to a week 2 get a good lvl 20 mesmer or ele working pending on how busy my life is.
Back to top Go down
BCB
Everlasting Big City Tonic
Everlasting Big City Tonic

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Keep this in mind if you make a new character. I made a new Mesmer, got it to level 20 in a little bit over an hour (without power leveling), beat factions in 8 hours of playing. And beat Nightfall within 20 hours of total playing on my Mesmer. Its very easy and a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Razon wrote:
Dervs are unused in scar. Needs more cry-/rojway experience in my opinion. And lastly id like to see a mesmer or ele.

so are rangers but that doesnt stop me from playing does it? cry/rojway exp? all u need to do is know how to use echo and cry or arcane echo, by urals, and roj...
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:13 pm

il defo keep that in mind id prob make a mesmer as i like mass hexing and condtions one of my fav derv builds use epdemic 2 spread conditions which is usefull when using the discrod necros and with fast casting and echo cry just spells out fun lol
Back to top Go down
PrideMcKay
PrideMcKay

Number of posts : 1157

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:14 pm

I'd like a try out run (if he has not have on yet) and a vent interview for him. I /approve this application.
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:21 pm

i have a nice fast casting echo cry build on my derv that use the aursa skill mindbender and with the skill lyssas aura for energy it shows how none caster profession can keep up mesmers and eles while echo nuking with out zeroing out on energy ive used this build in doa/deep/fow/uw/urgoz uw and fow they were fun runs but we did clear them and with all the max pve title skill ranks my derv makes quick work of most stuff
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:29 pm

defo unholey if you know how to use your charater correctly any prof can be a usefull team member to most runs its just a case or working out the flow of the build with out becoming a drag to the rest of the party
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
Cyvil

Number of posts : 1126

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:01 pm

My only complaint with what I have seen so far, if a definite deficiency with the use of punctuation.

Other than that, I can go along with an interview, and possibly a tryout. I can say that if the interview goes like the text reads, I may end up with a headache.
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm

sorry i suffer slighty from dyslexia its a pain for me you have a headache reading it i have a headache speelling it lol.i am trying my best to get this as readable as possaible for you but a interview on vent will be perfect for me.
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:55 pm

thank you for all that have been reading my posts and for the advice givin and thank you pridemckay and cyvil for willing to give me a chance to prove myself.
Back to top Go down
Arc4ne
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
Arc4ne

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:03 am

i like the application. u have ur own opinion, and ur willing to defend it, without shouting at any1 or childisch behaviour.

I think u can be a great add to SCAR guild.

hoping u get ur interview and try-out!

btw, YES, another military man :D

gz
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:07 am

Thank you ARC4NE i do belive there is more then one way to do things but i dont need to shout at any one to get my point across if you have ago at people they ignore you and nothing gets done its easyer to say what is needed and wait and see what the out come is.

You say another military man its good to serve with other soldiers even if its in guildwars lol
Back to top Go down
Arc4ne
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
Arc4ne

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 am

hehe, indeed.

but i do shink u should start a mesmer or a sin perhaps, but for me it seems like u have enough exp to join us. That does not mean u should give up on ur derv though, i always trying new thing, because sometimes doing the same thing over and over again becomes boring.

Quote :

Reading this it gives me the impression that SCAR only does cryway or rojway, and thats not true!

for me, being a SCAR member means that u are able to play every class, and to know what u are doing. Were overall PVE based, and our variety of possibilities makes us a strong guild. So in my opnion every class is welcome, even if its used less often.

gz
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 am

i have a lvl 20 assassin ign is darklight lord sin i use him for uwsc all the time i mainly play as chamber or vale 100% no fail but i can do pits also with no fail but i mainly stick to those 2 areas in uwsc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Well we still have members out finshing their luxon title and i im reluctant to take in new application at this time. However, three guilds in the alliance including our sister guild(OHX) is recruiting. Their forum information can be found in the rules section for new applicants. I hope you apply with OHX or join one of the other two guilds in the alliance looking for new members (WTF and Emotional Lollercoaster).

http://www.lawl.forum-motion.com- Emotional Lollercoaster

http://wtfoundation.lefora.com/forum/- Wild Turtle Foundation
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 pm

ok thank you i will apply to OHX
Back to top Go down
darklight
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:36 pm

i am diapointed your not recruiting at this point but i have applied to ohx i hope i get in il keep watch if any of u have more advice for me i hope i get in2 ohx bec i have dyslexia writting these things are a nightmere for me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daklight Application to scar   Daklight Application to scar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daklight Application to scar
Page 1 of 1