Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Obsidian's Application

Go down 
+11
redphyve
Noxious
Worst Name Evar
Cherubim
Relentless
Papadia Gr
carnage-runner
BCB
Unholey
Glory Blade
Obsidian
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-18

Obsidian's Application Empty
PostSubject: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 pm

IGN: When Im Gone, Obsidian A R M O R, Vigarde Bloodwrath, Harshio Bloodwrath, Ethan Bloodwrath, Ritualist of Fail
1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own? I own every campaign HM unlocked on all of them.
**PROVIDE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR /AGE**
Obsidian's Application Gw042

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?
When Im Gone. My Monk. Done EoTN Working On NF in Desolation Area Atm.Obsidian's Application WhenImGone Obsidian A R M O R. My Sin. Done EoTN I dont like to tank in any elite missions soo I only did EoTN for the skills. Obsidian's Application ObsidianARMOR Vigarde Bloodwrath. My Ele. Every Game. Obsidian's Application VigardeBloodwrath Ritualist of Fail. My Rit. EoTN Obsidian's Application RitualistofFail Harshio Bloodwrath. My War. EoTN Obsidian's Application HarshioBloodwrath Ethan Bloodwrath. My Necro. EoTN Obsidian's Application EthanBloodwrath

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?
Obsidian's Application Gw044 Obsidian's Application Gw041 Obsidian's Application Gw046
[img]Obsidian's Application Dxogud[/img]
[img]Obsidian's Application X55bhe[/img]
[img]Obsidian's Application 2dwi3pi[/img]
4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on? Currently I am working on my ebon vanguard title for my sin to make UWSC faster of course. And also I am just making my EoTN ranks better on all my characters so I can do SC's faster. Smile I do speed books alot as a result of this and they are so boring...

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?
I sure do I need to buy a new mic though but Yes, I do use vent frequently and I have my own vent server
6. How did you hear a bout SCAR? Please include names if possible.
I heard from SCAR from Tall Dervish. And I always here of SCAR being a Elite PvE guild.
7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?
I want to get friendship and more Knoweledge from SCAR. Because I am tired of hooping around and joining Random PUG guilds. So I decided to go make a [SCAR] App because of Tall Dervish. I am hoping to bring alot of things to SCAR. I wish to teach people things, offer some kind of friendship. Answer questions. etc.
8. What other guilds have you been with (tags please)? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.
[LOD] They were douche bags never did DoA anymore unless you were officer ally started to fall apart. Innactivity. I am currently In Glob Of Ectospasm. They are a bit innactive and I want a really active guild so Im applying for SCAR. And alliance that starts groups for SC's Etc.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.
Well. I am 14 years old. Freshman In High School. I like to bike, andd my name is Ethan Btw. I think my greatest Guild wars story I ever will have is this. [img]Obsidian's Application 9amozl[/img] It was q9 btw Smile

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions? I do FoWSC,UWSC, SoOsc, Bogroots SC, Urgoz, I did bonder for DoA once loved it and I wanna do it again it is fun. But I would rather have some kind of damage role. For DoA I did bonder, for UWSC I do everything except Pools,FoWSC I do everything except T1 and T2 (havent got around to learning them) And for SoOsc I did the A/Mo Smiter. and For Bogroots SC just did sin cryer.

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.
I am 14 I am From United States, Ohio, so my time zone is EST I play alot usually from 3:30 in afternoon too around 10 PM at night if I don't go out and do something that day.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.
I am going to do whatever I can to help the guild SCAR I will learn what I need to learn get what titles I need and etc. I really want a spot in this guild from what it sounds like it seems like a good home for me. Cause as I stated earlier I am tired of PUG guild hopping when they all fail.

Also I know my characters titles are not the best but some of them I play alot more than others keep in mind these characters are not that old besides the ele, and I am still working on titles, I can max all EoTN titles in usually 1 week or so..and My characters are at and have the skills they need to do Speed Clears Wink

Last edited by Obsidian on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glory Blade
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:10 pm

need to answer #2, and i would like to know what roles you did in those elite areas.

EDIT: you are 14..... sorta young
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I know I am 14 but It isnt really age right more of maturity..? I am still a good player for only being 14 in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:01 pm

pssh i was 14 when i joined, and look how pr0 of a player i am Razz
Back to top Go down
BCB
Everlasting Big City Tonic
Everlasting Big City Tonic

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:11 am

What is with everyone's problem with people's age? Like come on. Look beside this post, what is my age? I am still that age and will be for two more months, I was in SCAR at that age and entered the hall of fame of SCAR at that same age. Age is over rated IMO.
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 12:20 am

Lol. I dont really think age is a problem either but it's also not my guild lol..
Back to top Go down
carnage-runner
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
carnage-runner

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:07 am

No.. Character development is lacking. 14 years old is way too young when you consider how mature we all are as a guild... Right?... (sarcasm) Eastern timezone ... negative in my book if you're only up till 10Pm. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Papadia Gr
Cookie Monsta
Cookie Monsta
Papadia Gr

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 am

Nik.. your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Glory Blade

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 am

BCB wrote:
What is with everyone's problem with people's age? Like come on. Look beside this post, what is my age? I am still that age and will be for two more months, I was in SCAR at that age and entered the hall of fame of SCAR at that same age. Age is over rated IMO.

seriously? it is a rule and should be inforced....
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:47 am

Well I usually actually stay up till 11..pm then on weekends like 2 or 3 AM...and I can develop my chars easily.
Back to top Go down
Relentless
Relentless

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:12 am

Glory Blade wrote:
BCB wrote:

seriously? it is a rule and should be inforced....

Either I've missed that one or the rules have been updated recently but I was not aware that age is a defining factor in whether or not someone is allowed to join the guild.

If an exception is made for one person (such as Cole) you can't begrudge another simply because they are deemed 'too young', which is a ridiculous rule anyway because I have met plenty of younger players who are wise beyond their years. Talk about 'double standards' (something which I have heard complaints about before regarding different issues which I won't discuss here). If there is an age limit, yet players below that limit are allowed in, you might as well scrap it because it creates a poor reflection of the rules we have here.

The focal points that should be looked at are character development and experience. Age should be a miscellaneous detail (and not used as ammunition for discrimination).

Because let's be honest, not everyone in SCAR is the pinnacle of maturity king
Back to top Go down
Cherubim
I Hump Trees Weeeee
Cherubim

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:13 am

BCB wrote:

I dont know if that rule was around when you got into the guild, but w.e.

I have seen quite a few apps turned down, far better apps than this, due to age.

Rules are made for a reason, and should be stuck to, age is a good measure of maturity and time available for the game, and unless someone is well known by a chunk of the guild as someone who would be good to have in the guild, then i don't see the need for exceptions.

Flexibility and adaptability are needed in rules, they are there to help refine the candidates for acceptance into the guild down, to the people who would be the best fit. I am sure many of the older members don't want to see swarms of immature people descending on the guild (there is a huge difference between being able to have a laugh and just not being mature at all.).

As far as I know, anyway, this has been brought up before, and the final word was to stick to the word of the rule, the other younger members got in quite some time ago, and would probs not get in again under the current app process.
Back to top Go down
Worst Name Evar
L2Cry pl0x
L2Cry pl0x
Worst Name Evar

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:37 am

As Angela mentioned, I think the sponsor(Nick) should say something at this point to help further this discussion.
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Cherubim wrote:

Rules are made for a reason, and should be stuck to

thats why we took you and a whole bunch of others from the ally after saying no guild hopping allowed right? kinda off topic but then again kinda not.
Back to top Go down
Cherubim
I Hump Trees Weeeee
Cherubim

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Unholey wrote:
Cherubim wrote:

thats why we took you and a whole bunch of others from the ally after saying no guild hopping allowed right? kinda off topic but then again kinda not.

John makes the rules and he decided that people would be allowed to move if both guild leaders agree'ed, so its not really comparable.
Back to top Go down
Noxious
Noxious

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Unholey wrote:
Cherubim wrote:

agreed. in a dying game we need to be a little less strict imo
Back to top Go down
redphyve
redphyve

Number of posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:02 pm

still the majority of players in SCAR is 20+
without recommendation from someone in SCAR, cough nick, id say no atm, because 1500hrs isnt much game time in 51 months. but hey, as for the rest, he has char diversity and can learn.
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Btw I have over 1.5k hours in 51 months I used to switch acc's alot...soo yea nothing new there...I had 7k on another acc
Back to top Go down
redphyve
redphyve

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:18 pm

wouldnt you wanna apply on your main account? plz explain, dont really need someone thats from another guild just comin in here to see what we are doin.

Last edited by redphyve on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Dulizan
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Lord Dulizan

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:43 pm

age doesnt really bother me as much as the lack of toon development, I would like #3 answered for your characters (what pve skills do your characters have keeping in mind that they are not that hard to get) but screenshots dont tell us the skills youve acquired on your characters.

concerned with the account switching, who would we really be inviting to our guild then if you switch accounts?

My opinion on the matter
Back to top Go down
Noxious
Noxious

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Obsidian wrote:
Btw I have over 1.5k hours in 51 months I used to switch acc's alot...soo yea nothing new there...I had 7k on another acc

I don't understand this either.
Back to top Go down
Unholey
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Unholey

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:39 pm

Cherubim wrote:
Unholey wrote:
Cherubim wrote:

John makes the rules and he decided that people would be allowed to move if both guild leaders agree'ed, so its not really comparable.

just trying to point out that you say rules should be stuck to but because your case was (along with others from the ally) "special" an exception was be made. completely going against what you just said about rules being stuck to.
Back to top Go down
skervy
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
skervy

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:58 pm

not a member anymore but i dont see where you guys are seeing lack of development. theres 6 classes with eotn done

Last edited by skervy on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cherubim
I Hump Trees Weeeee
Cherubim

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Unholey wrote:
Cherubim wrote:
Unholey wrote:
Cherubim wrote:

just trying to point out that you say rules should be stuck to but because your case was (along with others from the ally) "special" an exception was be made. completely going against what you just said about rules being stuck to.

If you are going to be deeply picky, then I could just point out that you are trying to use an example involving alliance rules in a situation that is to-do with recruitment, so the relevance is questionable.
Back to top Go down
Tall Dervish
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Teh uber 1337 Scar god
Tall Dervish

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Noxious wrote:
Unholey wrote:
Cherubim wrote:

agreed. in a dying game we need to be a little less strict imo

i agree to this, that is why i would say let this guy go on a trial run, if he can pass the trial then he should be allowed to join...our guild is losing a bunch of people to aion so we should be less strict until we can build a solid playing base

age shuldnt matter as we have a few under 18....if you can prove your maturity i think you should be allowed to join....final word to john i wouldnt want to have the final decision on this
Back to top Go down
https://scar.darkbb.com
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:27 pm

Also here is more time I know its not alot but here you go alt acc [img]Obsidian's Application 122kio8[/img]
Back to top Go down
redphyve
redphyve

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Obsidian wrote:
so 2k more here in that acct, wheres the 7k one.
ive put my 2 cents, seems nobody cares about the age, and u have the char diversity.
the whole 7k hrs however isnt there. just pointin that out. if everyone wants to put him in a run, by all means.
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm

The 7k hours one is banned/hacked whatever you wanna call it..

But what kind of run would we do?
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Trial run, Cole was 14 years old when he joined. Not to mention Cole was also more mature then some of the 20+ year olds we have in the guild atm. Age doesn't mean crap in my opinion. You did also say you have an alt account with 7k+ hours. I would be interested in seeing the screenshot of it. Or at least put up a SS of it saying that account is banned. That would at least provide some legitimacy to the claim.

As for Colin and Val's little thing, take it to PM's. That is the past, and we need to move on. This is a huge time of change for SCAR, and the alliance. We all need to get along at this point, not point fingers, and talk bad about people.

If none of the officers take you on a trial run this weekend, I'll for you on Sunday and take you myself.
Back to top Go down
Obsidian
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Obsidian

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Ok, so UWSC or FoWSC?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obsidian's Application   Obsidian's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsidian's Application
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next