Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thor's Guild App

Go down 
+11
Haunted Dream
Mess
Toad
PrideMcKay
Raven Mad
Glory Blade
Sacratus
Ragz
Ash
Watto
Thorcore867
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Thorcore867
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Long story about my last post, sorry for its quality... thought the message exceeded the amount of characters it could hold, turned out I misunderstood that message.

IGN:Thor Eminent

1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?

I've had various accounts, 1 which would be almost the full duration since guild wars has been out, about 4 1/2 years, my main account, which is 39 months in, and 2 more that are a bit newer for some reward point farming. Screen of the 39 months can be found here.
https://2img.net/h/i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/Thorcore867/gw008.jpg

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?

On my main I had 1 of each character level 20, it was very disorganized, so I decided to delete and re-make the ones I actually used, I'm working on a Warrior and Mesmer, while I have level 20 characters that have beaten all three campaigns, those are an Assassin, Monk, and Ranger.

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?

On my Monk and Sin both I'm working on unlocking all of the PvE skills, but like I said in my last post, there is no real motivation to do the books in EoTN to increase these levels. If I was required to use those skills in say Urgoz, I would work to make that title higher.

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?

I have rank 9 hero, almost 10 on my main, and rank 6 hero on my alt account. On my Monk and Ranger both have legendary survivor+protector titles. I'm looking forward to working on titles, but have financial problems on getting them >.<
Screens: https://2img.net/h/i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/Thorcore867/gw007.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv224/Thorcore867/gw006.jpg

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?

Yes, HA, Dungeons, you need it.

6. How did you hear a bout SCAR? Please include names if possible.

My friend suggested SCAR to me when I was asking about farming guilds, his name is Brandon (Inquisitor Chaos). He referred me to Coast Monk, and I also saw you doing a DoA run today, and Pmed one of your members in the Gate of Anguish.

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?

Looking for a push to title farm, its really hard to do alone. I always found making money by doing Elite missions and Dungeons more fun than power trading or an alternative way. I'm hoping to bring PvP advice to those who ask, and another person to help vanquish/ect.

8. What other guilds have you been with (tags please)? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.

Fat Insecure Neurotic Emotional was my first guild for about 6 months, primarily HA and some GvG. I was in the LoD alliance for quite awhile with them until my friends and I left to join [ssss].

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.

A little story... well I try to be a pretty active person, but I'm always trying to find a reason to help me do something. It's like running, you tell yourself to do it, but its actually getting outside with a friend to go.

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?

I've played DoA enough to where I know how to Cry/UA/Bond, I can call spikes, Hex, I can permasin too, but knowing the areas would be tough for me. Say.. the right aggro and such. I know the quests/areas of FoW, but have not done a SC since Ursan. In UW I run the Chamber Sin or Wastes.

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.

I'm 15, living in Wisconsin currently, which is central time zone. Play afternoon hours.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.

Theres alot of guilds out there that play games but don't have any fun! You might critisize me for age, but it shouldn't matter. Video games are about relaxing and enjoying what your doing. I would hope to bring more fun into the game for you guys. In Scar I would hope to helpout in anyway I can, its just like any other guild, you do what they ask you to do. I would always be interested in Dungeons and Elite missions, title farming whatever, because thats what I'm looking for! Why would I want a guild where their main concept goes against my type of playing?

Thanks for reviewing this post, my last one again, I knew it wasn't that great when I posted, but thought I needed to delete characters, my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Thorcore867
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Forgot to mention over all accounts should be around 4.5-5k hours.
Back to top Go down
Watto
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Watto

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:12 pm

something about this app i like

ill see what everyone else says first Smile
Back to top Go down
Ash
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Ash

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:39 am

Hmm - saw u in kamadan yesterday - and for some reason i remembered ur name Wink

haha - totally off-topic
Back to top Go down
Ragz
That pierced guy
That pierced guy

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:28 pm

I am sorry but he is an auto deny. We have an age requirement and he just doesn't make it. And we have yet to make an exception for more qualified younger players.

Not to mention this, " I would always be interested in Dungeons and Elite missions, title farming whatever, because thats what I'm looking for!" " I said in my last post, there is no real motivation to do the books in EoTN to increase these levels" You want to be able to farm, andyet you aren't willing to get the eotn skills and levels unless we tell you you need them. I am sorry but EoTN skill are a must no matter what guild you are in. We should not have to tell you you need this, this, and this, since all the builds we run can be found on pvx and guru. I think you might have a shot in ECTO's in our alliance, where they can really put the time into training you. But as for SCAR I have to say no.
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:39 pm

i think the pvp experience and decent toon selection merits more of a look than you suggest Ragz.

as for age... we have plenty of people below the official cutoff. We are going to penalize him for telling the truth about age when he's a year away and seems mature enough from app layout?

Thoughts from other officers though?
Back to top Go down
Ragz
That pierced guy
That pierced guy

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:43 pm

We have penalized better players then him for being a year younger, in the last 3 months. If we make an exception for him, we have to make one for everyone. And I don't see a real interest in him. Based on the fact that he knows we are a leet PvE Guild, and yet he has no reason to get his ranks up unless we tel him he needs to. That to me shows he doesn't bother to look things up for himself to see what he might need, or what ppl are running. And expects things to be given to him.
Back to top Go down
Glory Blade
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:11 pm

i have to agree with ragz here..... Should know what skills you need without being told. You also say that you have financial problems getting titles...... you don't need money to get titles except drunk/sweets/party, other than that you just go out VQ abit, do some missions without money.
Back to top Go down
Thorcore867
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:56 pm

I think your missing the point of what I was trying to make, I'm in an HA guild right now and don't necessarily care about titles. I'm working on them, just not making the effort I would if I actually needed to use them.
Back to top Go down
Raven Mad
Raven Mad

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:14 am

I have to agree with Ragz ... we have turned down better applicants simply because of age. Nothing personal and not saying you would not act mature ... but we already have enough imaturity in the alliance.
Back to top Go down
PrideMcKay
My dad is bigger than your dad
PrideMcKay

Number of posts : 1157

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 am

*cough* Matt *cough*
Back to top Go down
Toad
Hibernating Viking
Hibernating Viking
Toad

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:13 am

when did we reject a good player just because of his age? we do have an age limit yes, but it's more of a maturity check thing since mostly kids under 16 tend to be more immature (kids over 16 can be immature too ofc) and that's why we take them on trial runs and have vent interviews. should we let an immature 19 year old in but deny a mature 15 year old if their exp in the game is equal?

I'd say take him on a trial and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:36 am

john pls weigh in on this since there's enough of a disagreement here. Toad and I think he deserves a look, Raven + Ragz + Glory don't.
Back to top Go down
Mess
I Wand Spirits Pew Pew
I Wand Spirits Pew Pew
Mess

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 10:40 am

Quote :
I'm working on a Warrior and Mesmer, while I have level 20 characters that have beaten all three campaigns, those are an Assassin, Monk, and Ranger.

How far are your Warrior and Mesmer? I am wondering also about EoTN on your Sin, Monk and Ranger. Do you have all EoTN open on all your characters?

Quote :
On my Monk and Sin both I'm working on unlocking all of the PvE skills

Also, can you be more specific as to what PVE skills/ranks you have? We use these on most runs and all toons. Working on them, but not having them atm ............

Quote :
I'm 15
We have said no to players your age that were qualified but we do have some great kids in the Guild, so age is not an issue for me, but nevertheless it's tricky to change the rules or make exceptions. Not totally against it, just not sure this is a situation where I would make an exception.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/index.php
Ragz
That pierced guy
That pierced guy

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am

And I think your missing my point, your trying to get into a Leet PVE Guild.
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm

PrideMcKay wrote:
*cough* Matt *cough*

Hey hey im very mature! I agree with what Toad and Jon have said on this application. A look doesn't hurt anyone does it?
Back to top Go down
Ragz
That pierced guy
That pierced guy

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 12:48 pm

A look does hurt, cuz then we have to go back and look at all the others who were under 16 that we denied. If we make an exception for one person we have to do it for all.
Back to top Go down
skervy
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
skervy

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:22 pm

ragz your talkin out of your ass i can name 4 off the top of my head that are/were under 18. but the chars look pretty limited if im reading right theres only a sin monk and ranger available
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:12 pm

keep any personal attacks out of this. Ragz has a good point - though personally I think the rule is just a proxy for maturity. You can't directly measure maturity whereas players can report their ages (and lie about them too).

I agree skervy a little limited in toons etc. This is certainly not a perfect or standout application. I just want to see it given a chance and not thrown out bc of age concerns when he seems plenty mature to me.

More thoughts guys? and john plox come look
Back to top Go down
Migby
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Migby

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-03-25

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:33 pm

I thought 16 was the age limit, not 18.

The application itself is well written and shows a good bit of maturity, and certain people here go weak at the knees for pvp experience Smile

Character selection/development doesn't seem that impressive tbh. Monk and sin, fine, keep working on those eotn ranks, war and mes you deleted and remade? Possibly won't have a great range of skills or areas available, I dunno...

You should also be aware that this is very much a speedclear guild and vanquishing partners etc may take time to find.

(@Ragz and Glory about skills...how is he supposed to know our runs without a team to teach him? Razz)
Back to top Go down
Raven Mad
Raven Mad

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:52 pm

Only saying ... why have an age requirement if we don't enforce it? IMO we should have a maturity requirement rather than an age requirement ... unfortunatly that requirement might well thin out the alliance Sad

Im all for it but we should not pick n choose those under 16 ... if we give one a chance we need to give them all a chance ... which would mean aboloshing the age limit ... or perhaps just make it 10 *shrug* ...

There are some 12-15 year olds in the alliance that act way more mature than some of the 20-30 year olds in the same alliance ... so maturity is not always a matter of age.
Back to top Go down
Cherubim
I Hump Trees Weeeee
Cherubim

Number of posts : 506
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Raven Mad wrote:
Only saying ... why have an age requirement if we don't enforce it? IMO we should have a maturity requirement rather than an age requirement ... unfortunatly that requirement might well thin out the alliance Sad

Im all for it but we should not pick n choose those under 16 ... if we give one a chance we need to give them all a chance ... which would mean aboloshing the age limit ... or perhaps just make it 10 *shrug* ...

There are some 12-15 year olds in the alliance that act way more mature than some of the 20-30 year olds in the same alliance ... so maturity is not always a matter of age.

Sorry to jump into a SCAR application thread, but i agree with this, also, i suppose there the thing that's even harder to judge, which is if someones mature but also able to be relaxed and have a laugh (aka act mature when its needed, but not always be uptight).

(never have been a fan of age limits for this reason)
Back to top Go down
Genius Was Revrac
The Leader
The Leader
Genius Was Revrac

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 pm

Srry guys i was quarantined by my wife over the weekend in some crazy sexual ritual of which I cant go into details. BUT I am back and will be jumping online in a few minutes. Srry to hijack this application thread, but I did not want to worry Jon anymore. Anyway, back to topic.......this appication does not stand out to me as we are looking for ELite PvE players and this person does not have any intention on making his PvE characters leet. That and the age requirement does matter. Ragz is correct in that we have denied better applications of 15 year olds then this one. I am officially denying this application for SCAR, but reccomending it for an alliance guild.
Back to top Go down
PrideMcKay
PrideMcKay

Number of posts : 1157

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 pm

Genius Was Revrac wrote:
Srry guys i was quarantined by my wife over the weekend in some crazy sexual ritual of which I cant go into details.

Now THATS why we're not letting 15-year-olds in our guild, geez John.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thor's Guild App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor's Guild App   Thor's Guild App I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thor's Guild App
Page 1 of 1