Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Ior's Application

Go down 
+7
Toad
Guru O Geto [ToA]
Baltaas Slaapes
Arda Tempest
Cyvil
Ninja Sevan
Ioroth
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ioroth
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 7:47 am

Ioroth Soulblighter/Ioroth Insidris/Fasciitis Necrotans/Indignis Athorem/Fraeya Tengaden/ Ioroth Aesahaettr/ Ioroth Asathruar/ Thyrgar Dei Onoth

1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?

3300 hrs over 44 months, own all campaigns

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?

chars + elite areas they can reach:

Warrior: DoA/UW/FoW/Deep/Urgoz/Slaver's
Ranger: DoA/UW/FoW/Deep/Urgoz
Monk: DoA/UW/FoW
Elementalist:DoA/UW/FoW/Deep/Urgoz/Slaver's
Dervish: DoA/UW/FoW
Paragon: UW/FoW/Deep/Urgoz
Assassin: DoA/UW/FoW/Deep/Urgoz/Slaver's
Necromancer: DoA/UW/FoW/Deep/Urgoz

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?

main is my war, he has max ranks for all rep titles and pretty much all skills, but then again wars dont really use CoP or EVAS or the like
So it's probably best to answer this for my caster chars, I havent gotten them every single PvE skill simply because it would be a waste of time, I could get them any skill quite fast if required though, ill just state their current rep ranks

Necro: SS:7, LB:5, all the rest: 2 or less
Monk: SS:7, LB:6 rest: 4 or less
Ele: SS:8, LB:4 Agent/Delver: 5, rest 3 or less
Sin: SS: 8, LB:4, Agent/Asura:5, rest 4 or less
they all have kurz at 8 too

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?

Main char has 28 maxed, working on wisdom/drunkard, most proud of Legendary Master of the North, cuz most of the vanqing/exploring/doing bookruns/clearing dungeons I did was with heroes/hench and took quite an effort to figure out how to go about doing those things

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?

normally no, unless it is required for pvp or certain pve farming strategies, also I recently broke off 1 of the things that the sound comes out of when you have ur headset on (dunno what it's called in english), so now it won't stay put on my head, but ill go get a new one next time im in town

6. How did you hear a bout SCAR? Please include names if possible.

I was in VILE and thus part of TAM alliance for a while, I also come across some of your members occasionally while UWSC'ing.
The Dragon Punisher was in VILE with me for some time (he invited me there), and names I remember from UWSC are I Tear and Trbuhom Za Ectom (something similar anyway).

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?

I want to have a group of people to do elite areas/farms with, because the average pug is a tad too full of fail. I will bring the experience I have built up over the years, as well as the willingness to improve my chars/playstyles in order to better fit whatever run you need me on. Also expect a healthy those of sarcasm.

8. What other guilds have you been with? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.

2005-2006: guild hopping [RPG], [PaWn], [BELG]/creating [GORE] with friends// was member/officer/leader depending on guilds
2006-2007: some kurzick fff with various guilds, then some luxon fff as well + random pve/pvp with mates// mostly as officer
summer-end 2007: got interested in titles so I started joining HM PvE guilds, hopped around for a bit, didnt find anything that pleased me
winter 2008-winter 2009: got recruited after a DoA FR HM by The Dragon Punisher into VILE, liked it, got promoted, tried to improve the guild, then the guild leader took a break in nov-2008 and appointed me leader, organised weekly guild runs/events, all was well. Sadly I had exams coming up, so I told him he was going to have to return in january when I gave him his function back. He didn't return --> when I came back guild was pretty much empty, so I took off
last few months: decided to max kurz with [any] and [VEIN], got bored after a week of vanq fff'ing, so I went UWSC'ing, been in [FOTD] for some time now, but it still feels like a random pug, and UWSC doesnt stay amusing for ever

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.

I'm 18 living in Belgium (Flanders, the good part), and im studying Biotechnology at uni (2nd year now). I'm also a leader for the Scouts, so every sunday I educate 8-11 year olds in the ways of life. I also like metal, but I've outgrown the long hair/band shirts phase a while ago. I also go out drinking/partying a couple of nights per week, which results in not going to classes that much, because 8.30 am is really fraq* early if u got home at 4.

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?

Done DoA a lot as war and monk in the ursan days. Completed it only once after that, with a [VILE]-team and some heroes, I played a necro then.
Cleared FoW also with ursan, as well as physicalway (played mostly one of the frontliners or imbagon), and I tried out that FoWSC thing (as HB and maintank), but found it less amusing and profitable than UWSC, so I didnt really look into it further.
Cleared UW with various versions of UWSC, as ursan, E/A and A/E.
havent been in Urgoz that much, cleared it a few times with physicals, and with a [VILE]/heroes team. Played imbagon mostly.
Cleared The Deep only once I think, again with a [VILE]/heroes team, I played my war as that stancetank thing.
Did all dungeons HM on my warrior, and ran CoF a few times, but never truly for farming purposes, so I'm totally oblivious of any SC paths/strategies that exist, but dont worry, I learn fast^^
I've done some frogruns while I was still in the TAM alliance though. Allthough no one really took the trouble to explain what was going on, so I just ran along like a headless chicken, that seemed to work out fine though....

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.

18, Belgium, GMT+1, playtimes vary, mostly every afternoon/evening but it depends on if I feel like studying/going out or not.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.

Every day I will sacrifice a cow in the honor of SCAR legacy and on the Ides of every month I will bathe in the blood of said cows. When soaked in this blood I will be a terrifying sight to behold and all mobs will flee in fear. As such I will be able, with careful strategic movement, to ball up all of the mobs in an area into a single corner, making them a prime target for mass carnage.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Sevan
L2Cry pl0x
L2Cry pl0x
Ninja Sevan

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 am

/Aprove!!

Ior has been with me in VILE for a long time. He's experienced and not too lazy to orginize some stuff from time to time Wink .

Nice guy, good player.
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
My dad is bigger than your dad
Cyvil

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:17 am

Is Slaver's really your only EotN experience? I would guess that you have done more than that?

Is the good part of Belgium the area that McKay never visits?

Looks good to me, although I would like to see more about dungeon experience.
Back to top Go down
Ioroth
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:38 am

Cyvil wrote:
Is Slaver's really your only EotN experience? I would guess that you have done more than that?

Looks good to me, although I would like to see more about dungeon experience.

1) By writing slaver's in that list thing I meant to say that those chars have played through all of eotn.
My experience with eotn comes from attaining LMotN on my war, so I am in fact experienced with eotn (the vanqs, the endless bookruns, the bestiary,....), just not that much with the dungeon speedclears. I never really got into those because I wasnt too sure about wasting hours and hours with a very low profit while hoping to get a good drop once in a while. But im willing to give it a shot.

2) Who the fraq* is McKay?

3) see 1
Back to top Go down
Arda Tempest
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Arda Tempest

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:56 am

looks good. Looks like he has a very good sense of humour or is a little insane. Either or both of the above is perfect for SCAR. /approve
Back to top Go down
Baltaas Slaapes
Elite Baltaas Tome
Baltaas Slaapes

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:36 am

this is much better ...

im not for yes atm , w8ting what other say ..

he have many toons .. sins is in eotn , can do DoA on every profesion umm good
Back to top Go down
http://www.hiphopz.lv
Guru O Geto [ToA]
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Guru O Geto [ToA]

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:06 am

Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is 666!!!!!!!

I like this app , though its a long reading and I skipped some parts :O! Question number 9 sounded exactly like it would be written by me, except for scouts ~ Also your comment about "growing out of band tshirts" n shit , thats just harsh. To be honest with you, I have walked around last 3 days wearing my awesome Iron Maiden death on the road t shirt. With that I show to what social group I belong to, its like people wearing cross around their necks <- can you grow out of that? Yesterday I hit the bar and I made some friends because of the Tshirt. As I walked by some middle age men they said oooh Iron Maiden thats awesome band! So I had a little chatter with them discussing the band and things that revolve around em. T shirts are good way to show off your personality, so I dont think its something you can grow out of.

/approve
Back to top Go down
Ioroth
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:35 am

Guru O Geto wrote:
Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is 666!!!!!!!

I like this app , though its a long reading and I skipped some parts :O! Question number 9 sounded exactly like it would be written by me, except for scouts ~ Also your comment about "growing out of band tshirts" n shit , thats just harsh. To be honest with you, I have walked around last 3 days wearing my awesome Iron Maiden death on the road t shirt. With that I show to what social group I belong to, its like people wearing cross around their necks <- can you grow out of that? Yesterday I hit the bar and I made some friends because of the Tshirt. As I walked by some middle age men they said oooh Iron Maiden thats awesome band! So I had a little chatter with them discussing the band and things that revolve around em. T shirts are good way to show off your personality, so I dont think its something you can grow out of.

/approve

heh, saw those guys live 2 years ago on graspop, epic stuff

by saying ur answers to 9 would be the same, dyou mean ur also from belgium and study biotech?

also I meant to say that I used to wear T-shirts in order to scare the shit out of ppl and to proclaim myself as a metalhead. And I wore them all the time, as well as my black leather jacket, combat boots, camouflage pants, and all that. Nowadays I just occasionally wear the shirts when I feel like it, or when going to a gig, I rarely wear my combats or camo-pants anymore, but I cant seem to stop wearing my leather jacket^^
So the reasons I wore them were a bit childish to begin with, and I've grown out of those.
Back to top Go down
Guru O Geto [ToA]
We 0wnz this forum
We 0wnz this forum
Guru O Geto [ToA]

Number of posts : 770

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:44 am

Now I see your point there Smile

So about the 9th question..

Quote :
im studying at uni (2nd year now). I also like metal I also go out drinking/partying a couple of nights per week, which results in not going to classes that much, because 8.30 am is really fraq* early if u got home at 4.

Well that part described my life briefly hehe
Back to top Go down
Toad
Hibernating Viking
Hibernating Viking
Toad

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 pm

Quote :
I also like metal, but I've outgrown the long hair/band shirts phase a while ago. I also go out drinking/partying a couple of nights per week, which results in not going to classes that much, because 8.30 am is really fraq* early if u got home at 4.
this is all i need to read

/approve

as Guru said though, you can never really grow out of wearing band t-shirts Razz Iron Maiden shirts have given me free beer more than once :D also long hair is leet

as gw stuff goes it looks good ^^ some ranks could be improved for DoA but that's easy enough
Back to top Go down
shadow
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
shadow

Number of posts : 1346

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Quote :
Every day I will sacrifice a cow in the honor of SCAR legacy and on the Ides of every month I will bathe in the blood of said cows. When soaked in this blood I will be a terrifying sight to behold and all mobs will flee in fear. As such I will be able, with careful strategic movement, to ball up all of the mobs in an area into a single corner, making them a prime target for mass carnage.
lol?
ill approve
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
Cyvil

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Ioroth wrote:
..... just not that much with the dungeon speedclears. I never really got into those because I wasnt too sure about wasting hours and hours with a very low profit while hoping to get a good drop once in a while. But im willing to give it a shot.

That makes me nervous, but I guess I can give it a shot as well.
Back to top Go down
TomoSojiro
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
TomoSojiro

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:55 pm

we can take him for some trials his igns do seems familiar for some reason... Smile
Back to top Go down
shadow
shadow

Number of posts : 1346

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Quote :
agreed
dungeon sc's arent JUST for profit. sc's help people get their titles up with a chance of a proit while doing so in groups that are enjoyable.
ill go with tomo on trial
Back to top Go down
Ioroth
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:10 pm

shadow wrote:
Quote :
agreed
dungeon sc's arent JUST for profit. sc's help people get their titles up with a chance of a proit while doing so in groups that are enjoyable.
ill go with tomo on trial

well, up until now there was no need whatsoever to get my titles up on secondary chars, except to unlock the armor for that faction, and I was more looking for a direct way to get money in order to be able to partay and stuff my war's face with sweets
but since you cant really buy unids in the same bulk as sweets/party items I dont need heaps of cash instantaneously per say, so ill do these dungeon sc's,
I was quite intrigued every time I heard ppl yelling about kathy-runs and SoO-sc's in ac back when I was in VILE, but I was never free whenever u started said runs, so ill be happy to see what they're like now

there's also no need to be nervous, ping me any build, tell me what to do with it and im good to go (except pinging me a HB bar and telling me to go monk in HA, dont EVER tell me to do that :p)
Back to top Go down
Jago Doremon
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Jago Doremon

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:13 pm

I think this application looks fine, but the lack of vent use worries me. Do you prefer to not be on vent, and only get on if it is absolutely required?

/otherwise looks ok
Back to top Go down
Ioroth
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Jago Doremon wrote:
I think this application looks fine, but the lack of vent use worries me. Do you prefer to not be on vent, and only get on if it is absolutely required?

/otherwise looks ok

I dont have anything against it, I just never played in guilds where it was standard to be on vent all the time, so I never got used to being on it, so far I indeed only used it for specific purposes in teams with their own vent servers, but that's wholly due to lack of vent otherwise, and not to me disliking it
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
Cyvil

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Ioroth, your explanation of your use of vent is pretty standard in SCAR. We would like to have more people on vent regardless of what they are doing, but that comes down to personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Baltaas Slaapes
Elite Baltaas Tome
Baltaas Slaapes

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:22 pm

approve
Back to top Go down
http://www.hiphopz.lv
Ioroth
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:14 pm

I'd like to withdraw my application due to the likely non acceptance of osman and the fact that [VILE] is rebuilding, and I know where my loyalties lie. Smile

So lock thread, and carry on sc'ing the dungeons Wink

Good day to ye all.
Back to top Go down
PrideMcKay
PrideMcKay

Number of posts : 1157

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Cyvil wrote:

Belgium... Belgium... Isn't that country nobody cares about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ior's Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ior's Application   Ior's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ior's Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Carver :: Scions of Carver :: Applications to SCAR :: Member Applications-
Jump to: