Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Errant's Application

Go down 
+2
Possemeister
Errant Venture
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Errant Venture
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-28

Errant's Application Empty
PostSubject: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:28 pm

IGN: Arya House Stark (Primary pvp), Ixl Cosette Ixl & Caroline Sula (primary pves)

Hi all, I'm back. About a month or two I was kicked from SCAR for using a script i wrote in the AutoHotKey script compiler in order to click the enter match button in Hero Battles in order to facilitate tanking my rating and play greater volume of matches. I was okay with it at the time, I just went back to my pvp friends. After playing top 50 gvg with a bunch of guys from vR and holding halls for a couple dozen hours, I remembered why i got bored with playing nothing but pvp. I also realized that it seems a bit hypocritical for one to kick a player for using a script that he wrote that does no more than click an enter battle button when one condones the use of autoclickers to afk farm drunk titles. Anyway, that's my story and here's my app, quick decision would be very much appreciated!

1. What is your total time played in GW. How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?

I own all campaigns, i've been playing for 36 months, active the entire time.
Errant's Application Gwscreen

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?
For pve characters i currently have a necromancer, ele, monk, sin, ranger, rit, and warrior. With the exception of the warrior + rit (which is about 3 days old) all have finished all campaigns + eotn except proph, which i've only finished on the ranger. In addition i have 2 permanent pvp characters, a monk and an assassin, and a rollable pvp slot.

3. What pve skills does you main toons have and what rank?
I have most all pve skills on all pve chars, with at least r4-5+, my monk, ele, sin, and ranger all have all pve skills with r8+ or better while my necromancer has the majority of important pve skils at at least r5

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?
Errant's Application Gw145
Errant's Application Gw146

Currently I have ~5 titles finished each on my ranger and sin. I'm focusing on completing as many titles as possible on my monk + sin now, and have come close to finishing a few. I'm most proud of my r9 hero, r7 commander, and r2 champ titles (Screens are a little out of date).

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?
I have access to a headset/mic, ventrilo, and teamspeak. I use mic daily as until very recently i've been very pvp focused

6. How did you hear a bout SCAR? Please include names if possible.
General reputation as well as the guru post with SCAR's SC builds

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?
I hope to continue maxing titles, finishing dungeons, and accumulating wealth. I can bring many things to SCAR, i'm a hard worker, experienced in gameplay. After about a year and a half of high-end pvp play i have a very detailed knowledge of both the skill base and game mechanics. In addition I can assist in any guild/ally members interested in playing pvp. I've played with some of the best pvpers in HA, TA, and GvG. My most recent guilds include [Dent], [AxE], [vR], and [Pals]. I'm good friends with some of the best HBers in game, including former mAT winners Saint and Smurf. I'd be happy to help anyone interested in learning pvp gameplay better but I'm really interested in playing high-end dungeons now.

8. What other guilds have you been with (tags please)? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.
Mainly pvp guilds in the last several months. I've played with several guilds who made it to the finals of the may mAT ([AxE] & [vR]) as well as premier tombs guilds ([dent], which has been active for almost 2 years now and [keys]). I played pvp almost exclusively for ~2.5 years I've mostly lost interest in organised pvp lately though, do the general power creep and emphasis in pvp on buildwars over player skill. I spent some time with HzH holding alliance [AotP] recently, but left after about 2 weeks do to the tedious nature of DSC.

9. Tell me a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW's story.
I'm currently 18 and will be a freshman at Boston University in the fall. I'm planning on double majoring in physics and applied mathematics. I also love musics and sprots; i've played piano and guitar for 3 years and was captain of my high school's varsity tennis team last spring. I'm in love with pop punk music, Motion City Soundtrack and Yellowcard are my two favorite bands of all time, I can't stop listening to them

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons,FoW/UW/URgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?
Most of my experience comes from farming DoA and UWSC. II'm comfortable in any role in DoA (exlcuding Recall and Sliver which I am learning), FoWSC, UWSC, and a number of other dungeon SCs as well as 600 and perma running of many dungeons.

11.How Old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.
I'm 18 and currently live in upstate new york. In the fall i'll be in boston. Bost are EST (GMT -5)

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you desrve a team spot.
I'm going to bring great talent and a desire to have some fun to SCAR. I deserve a team spot because I'm a quick learner and I'm going to be able to contribute greatly to anything SCAR attempts to do.
Back to top Go down
Possemeister
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Possemeister

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:06 am

You were kicked from SCAR for a reason, and i personally think i am going to stand by the decision and gonna decline this application.

On a side note, The drunk title does not affect any other players around you, but the Red Resign thing requires some1 on the opposing team, so others are involved and it can be an inconveniance to others. This kind of thing is not acceptable in SCAR, which is why you were kicked in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Errant Venture
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:11 pm

Np, that's fine i respect your opinion. I'd just like to point out that the only people who participate in RR do so by choice. I made a point of purposefully bringing my rating down low enough so that it varies only between 580-640. Considering that you start at 1000 rating, I find it very difficult to believe that anyone could actually lose often enough to make it to 600 rating and still have a desire to actually play the arena. In essence what i'm trying to say is that I respect the people who still want to play HB (I was a top 100 player myself a few months back) and in order to accommodate that I made sure to remove myself from any kind of rating bracket in which my RR activities would interfere with normal play.
Back to top Go down
Errant Venture
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Also, I'd like to point out that I never received any warning before I was kicked. None of the others bothered to inquire as to why I was using a script i wrote or how it functioned. Nor was i warned about botting use or asked to stop by an officer, I was simply kicked and had to inquire as to the reason. I had been upfront from the beginning, when I joined i didn't even try to hide the fact that I used a script to keep my rating tanked, if I had been made aware--prior to being kicked--that SCAR does not tolerate the use of external scripts and had been asked to refrain from using them I would have stopped immediately.
Back to top Go down
gerg
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gerg

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:38 pm

I will discuss with other officers, but the right now I do not see enough to reverse the original decision.
Back to top Go down
Errant Venture
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:45 pm

That's all I can ask for. If there's anything I can do to help you make your decision, just let me know
Back to top Go down
Arda Tempest
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Arda Tempest

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Kaj was kicked for the same reason, we have had many open discussions about Bot usage in GC, always coming to the same conclusion. Also i'm pretty sure it was updated in our Guild/Alliance rules as well. But as Gerg said it will be brought up in the officer meeting tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer Effect
Froggie Farmer
Froggie Farmer
Lucifer Effect

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Arda Tempest wrote:
Kaj was kicked for the same reason, we have had many open discussions about Bot usage in GC, always coming to the same conclusion. Also i'm pretty sure it was updated in our Guild/Alliance rules as well. But as Gerg said it will be brought up in the officer meeting tomorrow.

I know this guy personally and hes very smart and very sincere, I've talked to him about what happened and I've talked to several officers and here is what I got wasting a day playing drama wars. He made a script that automatically would do red resigns (which in my opinion is no worse then the wholes rest of the alliance doing it the only difference is he doesn't do it personally) and a couple players from the alliance complained about abusing this function of the game. What happened next was an officer pmed him one day asked if he was using a bot he said yes and explained what it did, and the next day found himself kicked. With officers leading by example using drunk bots he didn't think it would be a problem. I've also talked to one of the officers involved with the primary kicked and he said it wasn't meant to be a perma kick it was more to justify a point about SCARs image.
Back to top Go down
coil
Nubsauce
Nubsauce

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:58 am

if my opinion is valid, and if the above post is accurate, then...there is really no issue besides his credentials and experience.

there is no rule in any ruleset i've been shown/have found that contains any mention of "botting" or "scripting". there is also no rule against resigning matches. if you're not accepting this person just because he didnt manually click "enter battle" and manually type "/resign" then i would call into question your judgement. if you want to automate tedious tasks you inherently accept any risk that entails (ie banning if anet finds out). that should be enough.

UNLESS the guild/alliance wants to live the "anticheat/antihack" straightedge lifestyle. and in that case i would say you'd HAVE to look at every individual with a poker face and not allow any lenience. but, if a precedent has already been set (officers using drunkbots with no punishment) then unless those people are removed you're being hypocritical and allowing double standards.
Back to top Go down
Arda Tempest
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Arda Tempest

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 am

The issue of botting will be discussed in the officer meeting this evening. By the end of the meeting a final decision will be made. End of discussion until then.
Back to top Go down
Possemeister
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Possemeister

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 pm

sorry to carry on, but just to explain, if you read no. 11 of the alliance rules, it says any in game botting and breaking of eula rules is subject to immediate expulsion from the guild. and before you bring the drunk bot into it again, im pretty sure its already been announced by anet that this drunk title bot is allowed.

Closing this thread until the decision has been made.
Back to top Go down
gerg
gerg

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Your reappication to SCAR was brought up in todays Officer's meeting and unfortunately you will not be allowed to return to SCAR. I appreciate your re-application and best the wishes on finding another home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Errant's Application   Errant's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Errant's Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Carver :: Scions of Carver :: Applications to SCAR :: Member Applications-
Jump to: