Scions of Carver
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know we are Leet?

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come hang out with us on FaceBook, CLICK on this link --> Guild Wars Friends waiting on GW2 =)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
FreeButtons
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:34 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Application: Espadon

Go down 
+10
Haunted Dream
shadow
Baltaas Slaapes
Mystical
Sabriel
Watto
Divine
BCB
Genius Was Revrac
Espadon
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Espadon
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Espadon

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Application: Espadon Empty
PostSubject: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 pm

IGN: Kari Trask

1. What is your total time played in GW? How old is your account? And which campaigns do you own?
I started playing Nov. '06 after a friend handed me his Proph account. I soon bought Facs, NF, and EoTN afterwards and for the most part played on and off [usually leaving due to none of my friends being online for weeks]. Age screenshot is below with the H panel.

2. What characters do you have and which campaigns did they complete?
I have A/ [P, F, N, E], W/ [P, F, E], W/ [P], E/ [P, N, E], P/ [], R/ [], Mo/ [], Rt/ []. Clearly, I spend too much time on my A/ -- I've had trouble completing my other characters since in the small guilds I've been in nobody was available to rush my other characters along. For the most part, I was the one running others.

3. What PvE skills do you main toons have and what rank?
My sin has all skills to run any meta, but they are all r5 and below, except for SS r9. Warrior lacks Ebon and Asuran PvE skills and suffers from low faction [r3 and below]. Elem has Norn and Asuran skills [r5], LB r5, SS r9.

4. How many titles do you currently have and which one makes you the most proud? Also, what titles are you working on?
Titles have never been important to me, but I've been enjoying working on my Kurzick track [all via AB]. The only char I've farmed SS and LB on was my E/ but a timely Cryway nerf made that kind of moot.
H panel on my sin:
Application: Espadon Cred

5. Do you use ventrilo and a headset/mic while playing?
I can use it if I am required to but I've found that I usually don't have anything to say that can't be typed just as easily, so unless I'm called on to go on vent, I run without a mic most of the time. I'm more of a person that likes to read up and understand what I'm supposed to do ahead of time.

6. How did you hear about SCAR? Please include names if possible.
I learned about SCAR through doing art commissions on Guru [for Shadow, Icy, Watto, Brawler] and participated on a few runs [Frogs and one embarrassing UW run where I got blown up by FoC].

7. What do you want to get out of SCAR? And what can you bring to SCAR?
I'd like to join a friendly, highly active guild for a change. While I might not have exactly the requisite professions outlined in the list, I can offer a perma sin [runs and tank], HB and coward/shock warrior, and a well geared para which can be easily configured at this point to any required capacity, especially in light of recent nerfs as W/ and P/s become more a more viable option in SC groups. My Mo/ is the character I'm working on the most at the moment and can be expected to be useful in the near future. I am also interested in some PvP, although I can admit to being pretty inexperienced [AB, RA; have trouble unlocking HA due to inability to find a coordinated group for TA].

8. What other guilds have you been with (tags please)? Please include length of time with the guild(s)s and reason(s) for leaving.
Mostly small laidback guilds: [LoKi], [CATS], [WDG]. All three have been those friend-circle guilds and I left each when I was the only one that was active [the former ones I was member for about a year each, the latter one about 1-2 months]. Latest was [RaiN] but it was on the decline [indiscriminate recruiting] and I didn't feel like I fit in since it was primarily geared towards faction-farming. I really dislike having to move from guild to guild though, as I develop pretty strong loyalties.

9. Tell us a little about yourself including other hobbies or just share a GW story.
I am probably already known to some of you as an artist and I look towards a professional career doing concept art or something similar. I am also well versed in entomology and astronomy, and I have an interest in mechanized warfare [perhaps just for its aesthetic appeal]. GW-wise, I enjoy helping new players as much as doing highend content [as little experience as I have had in it] but I largely cannot be arsed to farm, unless I really see a need to [such as eligibility for entering a team].

10. What elite mission(HM dungeons, FoW/UW/Urgoz/DoA) experience do you have and what roles have you played in these missions?
I have limited experience in all highend content partially due to the fact that I've never been involved with guilds competent enough to attempt them at all. Also previously I've never had enough time to invest in highend content. I do have experience with some parts of UW [I did CP farming during the SF buff period], and some experience with FoW [I did Forgemaster with a just a commando bonder back before the SF nerf for my FoW set]. I have never been in Urgoz or Deep, and my DoA experience only extends up to the wall in City. I've done HM Frostmaw and ran parts of SoO with my A/ and ran with SCAR members before in Bogroots as A/Me.

11. How old are you and where are your from and what time do you usually play? Also, please include the time zone in which you live.
I am currently 18 and I usually get solid time from 11:00 PM EST ~ 3:00 AM. I'm usually available earlier as well.

12. What are you going to do for SCAR and why you deserve a team spot.
As a player I don't think I am very valuable; however, I believe I'm a quick learner and I've had good enough experiences with the guys I've met in SCAR so far to feel that I can work well once I'm given the chance to gain some experience.
I think I can bring more to the table considering my out-of-game ability as an artist and a conscientious and responsible member of any organization that I choose to join.

I've held back my application for a while since my ingame credentials are abysmal and because I don't own the requisite professions stated, but I decided to give it a go since the meta revisions after the Cry nerf seemed to make the characters I do have more valuable.

Thanks for your time,
Espa

Last edited by Espadon on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:55 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : some spelling corrections)
Back to top Go down
Genius Was Revrac
The Leader
The Leader
Genius Was Revrac

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm

The application was very well thought out even though, like you said, lacking in character diversity. That being said, if you can get your Monk, Para, Sin access to all of EotN with all the pve skills then this application is deserving of a shot in SCAR. Need more responses from members before i make a final decision.
Back to top Go down
BCB
Everlasting Big City Tonic

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:36 pm

I think Espadon would be a great addition to SCAR. Although I am not in the guild I think that Espadon would fit in well. Very nice and easy guy to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Divine
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Mallyx is my Homeboy
Divine

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 am

he's the guy who did ur portrait amirite cole? If it is, and he is accepted...do we get guildie discounts?!!! :D :D :D :D

BUT.... I would liek to see some more character development, and some work in teh ranks sections across the board.
Back to top Go down
Espadon
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Espadon

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:52 am

About the art; my original idea was to finish my Guru queue and then find like a patron guild that would have first call on my art services. Discounts... yeah, I'll give in a little bit xD

Character development would go a lot faster though if I could get in, I think. My sin went up with the Dwarf and Asuran faction faster by doing frogs for a few days than trying to grind for the past month. In a way it's kind of sad but I'm one that really can't stand solo grinds for extended amounts of time.
Back to top Go down
Watto
1337 Cryer
1337 Cryer
Watto

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:39 am

I think espadon would be great for SCAR i have played with him on a fair few occasions, He is really exp Smile

/Approve
Back to top Go down
BCB

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:37 am

Divine wrote:
he's the guy who did ur portrait amirite cole?

Yeah this is him Big Smile
Back to top Go down
Sabriel
Nørwægiån Låddiæ
Nørwægiån Låddiæ
Sabriel

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:44 am

I really enjoy this application and he seems like a nice, quick learning fellow. I could help you out with the eotn ranks on your assassin. Drop me a pm: Sabriel of Aeron and I'll show you how to do the speedbooks.
Back to top Go down
Mystical
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
Mystical

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:05 am

I agree.

/Approve from me Smile

Good luck on your application =]
Back to top Go down
Baltaas Slaapes
Elite Baltaas Tome
Baltaas Slaapes

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:26 am

Smile

guys , he is nice boy i feel that .. but lack of characters cant make him rdy for scar on most our runs. sin is ok , but in SCAR sins have any player, so it dsnt matter .. just i would say he can get his toons up in other guild like Lawl .. thats my point. lawl will be in SCAR this means he will be with us all the time , like Eman, Val, and all other players.

and i hope this timer do not shows his lack of acctivity ..

regards
Back to top Go down
http://www.hiphopz.lv
shadow
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
HAS RETURNED AFTER 2 YEARS
shadow

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:11 am

+1 cuz hes asian

and hi kari. . .
Back to top Go down
Haunted Dream
That pierced guy
That pierced guy
Haunted Dream

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2008-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:39 am

Genius Was Revrac wrote:
The application was very well thought out even though, like you said, lacking in character diversity. That being said, if you can get your Monk, Para, Sin access to all of EotN with all the pve skills then this application is deserving of a shot in SCAR. Need more responses from members before i make a final decision.

Agree 100%. Push those 3 characters thru EoTN and grab the PvE skills for them and you will be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:49 am

I agree with Matt and John.

Espadon, give me a pm in game (sacratus ignis is my ele) - I'll help you get rep titles up etc. You seem like a player with the right attitude etc so since all that is lacking is char development, I'm happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Noxious
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
gawd wawking amongst mere cryers
Noxious

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:07 pm

It's interesting that noone has ever put his kind of effort in helping other applicants. Are his artistic skills the only reason he's going to be in SCAR?

Not trying to be an asshole, just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Cyvil
My dad is bigger than your dad
My dad is bigger than your dad
Cyvil

Number of posts : 1126

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Nox, I tend to agree. Espa does seem to be more knowledgeable than other applicants with toons at this stage, but an app that we would generally deny until the toons were ready. Great attitude though, and I prefer a good attitude over many other things.
Back to top Go down
carnage-runner
I rulez like DoA
I rulez like DoA
carnage-runner

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:28 pm

Seems like if he could get those chars through and load up pve skills then he should be in good shape. Nice enough sounding guy, I'd say bring him on a few Kathy runs to test his metal. If he has the time and effort to play through chars on campaigns.. I'm sure others of us would be more than happy to assist to help further our own characters.

Test runs... Only way to see how a person fits with the players active with his time slot. He could be great, but if no one likes him during his only playing hours, it kind of makes it hard.
Back to top Go down
Espadon
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Espadon

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:00 pm

Willing to go on Frogs [did it quite a few times but haven't ran postnerf version]/SoO [will be first time doing sinway if so], and also willing to give UW another stab [pits scythe, since it relies least on EoTN rank]. Never been in Charr dungeons [CoF doesn't count] since the rewards I thought were lackluster and too tough for any of my old guild groups to handle even in NM. Willing to go as well if you're willing to give me some time to prepare and read up [to avoid "oh didn't know there were popups there" syndrome].

I think I'm pretty easy to get along with since drops don't mean a whole lot to me and so playing for the team experience is the main attraction.

I have full intentions of finishing EoTN with Mo/P/W and also would like to get my Mo/ to EG at least so to be available for DTSCs [would like to at least ascend before working on EoTN], and participating in whatever requisite activities you guys see fit for my W/ to be eligible for HA teams.
Back to top Go down
Sacratus
Sac = bestest player eva

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Meh yeah I change my opinion - would say definitely not ready to join SCAR. But because of good attitude and willingness to work on toons, I would strongly suggest a reapp in a few weeks after learning some more EoTN stuff and developing toons.

As I said, I am happy to take you dungeoning etc to get rep up and to show you around the dungeons. I spent almost a year running a dungeon service so I know a thing or two about taking inexperienced players Smile

(IGN is Sacratus Ignis)
Back to top Go down
Espadon
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Espadon

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Glad for any type of help at least, staying in current guild is not getting me anywhere. Just curious though, if I joined in my current state, would I be THAT much of a dead weight [considering SCAR is very nearly always full and had large and active alliance]?
I'm probably making myself sound more noob than is good for me, but I'd rather be understated than overhyped.
Back to top Go down
Genius Was Revrac
The Leader
The Leader
Genius Was Revrac

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am

I personally would like to see a reapp in a few weeks like Sac said, or your other choice is to apply to an alliacne guild.
Back to top Go down
Espadon
Nubsauce
Nubsauce
Espadon

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:05 am

Alright, I'll work on my P and Mo and reapp when they're ready. Thanks ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application: Espadon   Application: Espadon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application: Espadon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scions of Carver :: Scions of Carver :: Applications to SCAR :: Member Applications-
Jump to: